Wow, 5 nice things about myself. I think this is good so I’m doing it. I don’t really spend a lot of time being nice to myself.
1. I generally believe I’m a pretty person for the most part. Especially when I’m wearing a nice outfit and I do my makeup and my hair isn’t freaking out. When the stars sort of align like that I believe I’m pretty.
2. I have good taste in things. Books, music, general design stuff, art, clothes. I think I’m good at making spaces look good. I think it’s cool that I’m so aware of aesthetics.
3. I really put a lot of love into things. My relationships, my schoolwork, my writing. I care about the world and people and I try to lead that care with love. I want people to know that I love them. I want to love people in the ways they need loving. I think that’s a big part of what makes me a good person—the care I put into things.
4. I spend a lot of time sorting things out in my head. And this could be negative, but I am kind of in love with my inner world. It’s thriving and exciting and constantly thinking. It’s very aware, and analytical. I don’t spend a lot of time avoiding things that make me uncomfortable, I spend a lot of time thinking about it, a lot of time thinking about my responses and ideas and beliefs. I feel extremely fortunate that I got a brain that is so involved. I think it must be boring to be other people.
5. I feel things deeply. And I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Sometimes I’m hurting too much, and suffer a lot, but when I actually get to feel love and belonging and understanding, wow that’s cool. I think it’s pretty commendable that I’m open to doing that—feeling deeply. I think it makes me more empathetic, and thus, more important.
I don’t really know if these were “nice” things about myself, but they are things I love about myself. So here’s this. Thanks, it was well-timed. <3